Eggnog is a traditional beverage during the holidays. President George Washington included a recipe in his household records for this chilled, sweetened milk drink. Guess what? You can add this drink to a pound cake recipe and make a knockout dessert or holiday gift bread. Every time I make this and bring it to a gathering, I reap many compliments and requests for the recipe.
Eggnog Pound Cake
Serves: 12 servings
- 1//2 cup of butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of commercial eggnog
- 3 tablespoons of rum (can substitute rum extract)
- 2¼ cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- Bring the butter and eggs to room temperature before beginning. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 5" x 9" inch loaf pan. Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add sugar, eggnog, butter, and rum and blend well.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Pour into greased pan. Bake at 350°F for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
(Visited 38 times, 1 visits today)