I first encountered this recipe for piña colada muffins at the home of a dear friend who was living in the North Arkansas hills. The aroma of these moist muffins baking filled the home and guaranteed that every member of her family – plus lucky guests such as me – were ready to munch on their goodness the moment they emerged from the oven. The combination of sour cream and pineapple makes these goodies downright finger-licking good, I guarantee.
Piña Colada Muffins
- ¼ cup of butter or margarine, melted
- 1½ cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of shredded coconut
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 egg
- 8 ounce can of crushed pineapple, drained
- 1-2 tablespoons of rum
- Remove butter, sour cream, and egg from refrigerator. Open can of crushed pineapple and set to drain. Grease or line with muffin papers a standard 12-muffin pan or a large 6-muffin pan. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a microwave, melt the butter. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and shredded coconut. Stir to combine. Add in the sour cream, egg, drained pineapple, butter, and rum and stir just until moistened. Evenly distribute the batter into the muffin tins. Bake at 375°F for 25-30 minutes. Serve while warm.
(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)