Use on pasta, in sauces and soups, or any tomato based dish within two weeks of making it. Pesto lovers are always on the lookout for interesting ways to use that delicious condiment. Here’s one I happened across for Pesto-Stuffed Fish.
Catfish with Pesto
4 fish fillets, such as catfish, red snapper, cod
Ground black pepper, to taste
1 ½ cup basil pesto
½ cup white wine or chicken stock
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean and dry the fillets. Season both sides with black pepper.
- Have on hand 1 1/2 cups of basil pesto. Set aside a half cup of the pesto and spread the remainder on the flat side of the fillets.
- Roll up the fillets (pesto side in) and secure with a toothpick or skewer. Place them on their side in a shallow oven-proof pan.
- Pour in the wine or chicken stock and cover the dish with foil. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when pierced with a fork.
- To serve, place each cooked fillet on a plate. Top with portions of the reserved pesto and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.