Deviled eggs are a popular addition to potlucks, buffet tables, and picnic baskets. This recipe takes the basic ingredients and adds cheddar cheese. You could substitute another firm cheese for cheddar.
Cheesy Deviled Eggs
- 12 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- In gently boiling water, hard cook eggs (18-20 minutes). Remove shells and cool the shelled eggs completely.
- Halve the eggs lengthwise. Take out the yolks, being careful not to break the whites. Press yolks through a sieve or mash with a fork. Place into a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix with a fork until smooth and fluffy. Lightly mound the yolk mixture back into egg white halves. Sprinkle with a little more paprika, cover with plastic wrap and chill. Serve or transport on ice.
(Visited 81 times, 1 visits today)