The flavor of lemon balm is the perfect addition to a tall glass of summer lemonade. If you can boil water you can make this. Here’s what you need to make lemon balm lemonade:
Lemon Balm LemonadeCourse: Sides
2 handfuls of fresh lemon balm
4 cups of water
12 oz. can of lemonade concentrate
sugar, to taste
crushed ice and lemon balm sprigs to garnish
- Rinse and coarsely chop the lemon balm leaves.
- Bring the water to a boil and add the chopped lemon balm.
- Allow to steep 10-15 minutes.
- Strain out the lemon balm leaves.
- Mix the lemon balm tea with the lemonade concentrate.
- Add enough water and crushed ice to make two quarts.
- Have on hand small sprigs of lemon balm to garnish the pitcher and glasses.
P.S. Instead of adding sugar, try using fresh stevia branches to sweeten this summer beverage.