Marbled Spice CakeCourse: Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan and line with parchment.
- In a large bowl beat butter, eggs, and sugar until smooth. Add in the cake flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix briefly.
- While the mixer running, slowly add the milk. Remove one cup of the mixture to a second bowl. Add the molasses and all the spices. With a large spoon, mix until the spices and molasses are evenly distributed.
- Using two teaspoons, alternate add spoonfuls of the light and dark mixture into the loaf pan. When all the batter is in the pan, take a table knife and slice randomly through the batter in the pan to create a marbling effect.
- Bake at least 60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.