One of the herbs most commonly enjoyed with black China tea is peppermint. From there it’s an easy step to add fruit flavors such as orange juice or cranberry juice. Add a touch of spice and you’ve got a flavorful punch to enjoy when friends are coming over for lunch or a barbecue.
Mint Tea Punch
4 cups boiling hot water
2 black tea bags
1 cup fresh peppermint leaves
1 1/2 cups orange juice
1 1/2 cups cranberry juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Sugar to taste
- Bring water just to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add tea bags and fresh peppermint leaves.
Allow to steep for five minutes.
- Remove tea bags and strain out the mint leaves.
- Stir in sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Add this mixture to the orange juice and cranberry juice.
- Refrigerate until well-chilled.
- Serve in a tall glass with ice and a sprig of mint.
- Ingredient Note: if you don’t have fresh peppermint, use 2 peppermint tea bags.