Pecan Biscuit SpiralsCourse: Desserts
This is a recipe I came across years ago. A friend had brought it as a snack to a Bible study and I just had to have the recipe. I like to make this when I have a sudden craving for something hot and cinnamon-y. Try it and you’ll be hooked too.
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in large bowl.
- Combine the butter with the flour mixture with a pastry blender.
- Add milk and egg. Stir until the dough is moistened.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead 8-10 times or until the dough becomes smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and grease a baking sheet.
- Roll the dough out into an 18×10 inch rectangle.
- Brush surface with melted butter.
- Combine chopped pecans, cinnamon, and brown sugar in small bowl.
- Sprinkle on half the dough.
- Fold the dough in half covering the pecan-sugar mixture and press down with your hand or a rolling pin to secure the layers.
- Slice into strips about 1 1/2 inches wide.
- Twist each strip twice before placing on the baking sheet.
- Press ends on the baking sheet to secure the twists. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.