Any cheese can be elevated to new heights with a skillful addition of herbs. Here’s how to transform ordinary cream cheese into a snacking treat. Serve with whole grain crackers.
Seasoned Cream Cheese SpreadCourse: Sides
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
6 fresh oregano leaves
6 fresh marjoram leaves
2 fresh basil leaves
2 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 Teaspoon ground pepper
- Remove cream cheese from refrigerator and allow it to soften, about an hour.
- In the meantime, gather fresh oregano, marjoram, and basil.
- Rinse the leaves and pat dry.
- With a sharp knife, finely dice the leaves.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and beat with a spoon until blended and smooth. For a little extra kick, try adding a dash or two of cayenne pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and cover.
- Refrigerate at least two hours before serving to allow the flavors to blend.
- Ingredient Note: You can use 1 teaspoon of each dried herbs if fresh are not available.