Anyone who has ever grown zucchini knows you always harvest more zucchini than you expect. Perhaps you can make this dish for your next potluck or family get-together. Hearty and delicious it will help you put that abundant summer squash to good use.
Zucchini BakeCourse: Casseroles
1 pound shredded zucchini or other summer squash (3-4 cups)
1 small onion, grated
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/3 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup commercial biscuit mix
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9-inch square pan or 11-by-7-inch baking dish with a nonstick vegetable coating; set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour or until lightly browned.
- Let rest 5 minutes before cutting into 6 servings.